First week in Oulu

FIRST WEEK IN OULU

The first contact week was in Oulu at Oulu University of Applied Sciences. During the first two days I was acquainted to the curriculum of the Pedagogical training program and met with our mentors/teachers/lecturers for this program. Also, I was able to meet other students that have enrolled in this training. I believe that it was a good idea for the first contact class to be organised where we would all be meeting physically in the class. The reason is that when meeting people in the real environment student-to-student and student-to-teacher interaction is emphasised to a significant extent. 

I am at the end of my Masters Degree programme in International Business (more detailed info of this in the "Who am I?" section), and as such I put below a link of an important article that investigated the differences and patterns of virtual v/s physical class among MBA students. Even though the study main findings were that no such differences have been found, secondary results revealed that gender-based differences may arise during  a virtual v/s physical class. More information on the article is this link (maybe you need FINNA to access the article):





Virtual Classroom versus Physical Classroom: An Exploratory Study of Class Discussion Patterns and Student Learning in an Asynchronous Internet-Based MBA Course


Article Information

Volume: 24 issue: 2, page(s): 213-233
Issue published: April 1, 2000



University of Wisconsin–Oshkosh

In these two days I gain an insight on the platforms that I would be using to support my studies. They are:
Peppi
The student guide (Curriculum)
https://vocationalteacher.wordpress.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Pedagogy

Positive Leadership (3 ECTS)

ABCs of Teaching in English (Pre-task)